WELCOME BACK VEGANS!
The Camp Vega love continues with each generation of Vega campers and staff who are eager to remain a part of Vega forever! The history and traditions of summers at Vega are an incredibly important part of what makes Vega the special place that it is. To this day, campers and staff feel that they are part of something greater than themselves, and share a bond with the generations that came before.
There are several ways to stay connected to the Vega community, past and present.
Camp in Touch. You can create (or review) an alumni account via Vega’s database, at vega.campintouch.com. Access will allow you to share important updates in your life (contact info, marriage, children, moves, etc.), and also see pictures and news from recent and current summers at Vega. We encourage you to check it out!
We welcome everyone to visit their summer home! Over the past several summers we have been fortunate to have more and more camper and staff alumni request to visit Vega during the camp season. In order to accommodate as many requests as possible, while continuing to provide the best summer experiences to our campers, please refer to the following policies.
Alumni Visitation Policies
- Large groups of visitors, more than 4, and/or visitors who are under 18 and not accompanied by a parent or guardian, should plan on visiting during Saturday, August 4th, 2017 to Sunday, August 5th, 2017.
- Small groups of visitors of 4 or less, who are 18 or older, may visit any day with permission from the Directors.
- Visitors may not spend the night on camp grounds, with the exception of the previous year’s Tamary, who may spend the night on Saturday, August 4th, 2017. We are unable to provide pillows for overnight guests.
- Any visitor under 18 must return a visitation form, or a sleepover form. Please contact us for details.
- For the safety of the camp community, all visitors must check-in at the White House office, wear name tag identification for the duration of their stay, and refrain from using or sharing cell phones during their visit.
- We kindly ask that alumnae going into Junior or Senior year in high school turn in their cell phones and/or cameras at the office prior to immersing themselves back into the Vega community. If a parent needs to get in touch with any alumni, they should call the Vega office and we will page them if necessary.
- We are unable to accommodate shuttles or transportation requests. We recommend families contact Northeast Charter and Tour for transportation.
- We will provide meals for all alumni visitors while at camp.
Reunions. In 2016 we hosted an 80th Anniversary Reunion over Labor Day weekend. Over one hundred alumni, representing campers and staff from the 60’s through the 2000’s, gathered on the shores of Echo Lake. The bond between all the attendees, even those meeting for the first time, was beautiful and palpable. To see pictures from the event, visit the 80th Reunion Facebook page. We are tentatively planning an 85th Anniversary Reunion in 2021. Stay tuned as the year approaches!
WE HOPE TO SEE OR HEAR FROM YOU!