Summer is in the air and the “Pre Pre Camp” crew is busy with a variety of tasks at camp! It is an exciting time as Vega transitions into a bustling, loving Summer community. While there is no way to explain in words how much hard work goes into getting the grounds and program ready to welcome both staff and campers, here are some of the projects that are either completed or underway:
- The brand new staff cabin is complete and has been named Fore after the Fore River in Maine. The building consists of four apartments.
- A third riding arena and new pasture at the Equestrian Center.
- The new ropes pagoda is under construction.
- A new generator for the dining hall and kitchen to keep everything safe and operational at all times is being installed.
- New roofs on various cabins
- Rainbow has been completely renovated and made more environmentally friendly! The 3 Rinnai tankless water heaters also allowed us to add more showers to Rainbow.
The Small Crafts/Sailing Department has a new Boston Whaler which will help their staff maneuver the waters of Echo Lake as accurately and safely as possible.
We are also brainstorming what things we are going to want and need at the Vega Point, such as canoe trips, cookouts, campouts and more!