Giving is Better than Receiving – Join Team Camp Vega (from a safe distance)!
For the past several years members of the Camp Vega family from the greater Westchester County, NY area have gathered together on Giving Tuesday for a fun night of “speed food packing” to benefit the non-profit organization, Feeding Westchester, and battle local food insecurity.
This event has provided an opportunity for Vega campers, staff and families to experience the benefits of giving back by helping to achieve Feeding Westchester’s mission of feeding and supporting vulnerable populations in the Westchester community.
Since gathering in person is still not an option this November, FW designed a program that allows families to safely contribute from their home, and we have partnered with them again to take part in the Hunger Hero Pack Challenge!
What is the Hunger Hero Pack Challenge?
The 2020 Hunger Hero Pack Challenge is a unique Virtual Food and Fund Drive challenge where individuals and groups can show their commitment to the fight against hunger by packing Lunch Bags and/or raising funds for Feeding Westchester.
How can I participate?
No matter where you live you can join in make a difference!
- Donate directly to Feeding Westchester via Camp Vega’s team page.
- Join our team to fundraise, pack lunches at home, or both! After clicking “Join The Team” you will be redirected to your own fundraising page where you can choose to fundraise, pack lunches, or both.
We will be in touch to confirm your participation in the Lunch Bag Packing Challenge!
What goes in a Lunch Bag?
Each Lunch Bag should contain the following:
(1) Tuna Salad Snack or Single serve can of spaghetti
(1) 100% Juice Box
(1) Granola Bar (No Nuts)
- All food items must have nutrition facts and ingredients on labels.
- Products must be nut free and must fit into a quart size Ziploc bag.
- Items must be newly purchased (items past “best by date” will not be accepted).
What’s the Packing and Drop-Off Process?
- You purchase the needed items to create Lunch Bags, and assemble them on your own time.
- From November 2nd – November 20th, bring your completed bags to Feeding Westchester, 200 Clearbrook Road Elmsford, NY 10523, and they will be added to Camp Vega’s team total.
- Please label your lunches with Your Name & Team Camp Vega on the ziplock.
- Use #FWhungerheropack and post photos as you pack your lunch bags and at delivery!
What Happens Next?
After collecting all the lunch bags, they will then be distributed to FW’s network of youth partners and programs throughout the county, helping to support our most vulnerable populations.
And to add to the fun and spirit of competition THREE winners will be crowned, along with bragging rights, to… the team with the most packed bags, top Individual fundraiser, and the team with the most combined fundraising dollars.
We hope you join us in this fun, impactful and socially distant community service project!!